YCEW Morocco 2006

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Portrait of a Footballer


This is what you get for playing football on the Sabbath. While we were resting at the Kelly's today before heading to the orphanage for the rest of the week, Sam, Faith and I decided to take a football down to the local dirt/rock pitch and try to get a game going. We eventually got two teams of six, and the game was underway. The score remained close despite the fact that Sam's team was stacked with older players, including "The One". I personally encountered "The One". While racing down the sideline with the ball, I found that my path was blocked by my aforementioned foe. In my attempt to evade him, I lost my footing and bit the dust. My team then went down 7 to 5, the 7th goal being the last. The ball passed through the posts, and rolled onto the street, where it encountered a tire with a resounding pop. At this point, the game was over, and we returned home to lick our wounds, beaten, but with the experience of a sandlot football match with the children of Fes.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:38 AM, Blogger Jed Carosaari said…

    No! Not The Ball!

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Chels said…

    WOW, Jay!! Even in a foreign country you strut around and remain your competative spirit!! Way to go Jay I'm proud of you. You lost with dignity and not without a fight. Awesome!!Poor ball I hope you have some other means of entertainment. Hey I left you an apology on your class blog. I hope you guys are having fun and staying safe!! Hey Ben!! You stayin' cool over there? Alright, talk to you later. Be Good!!!!

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Chels said…

    Oops!! guess that should've said maintain your competative spirit. Sorry. :)

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Deathbyfrostedcookie said…

    Darn, Jay.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home